Official Rules – Fuel for Life
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The “Fuel for Life” promotion (the “Promotion”) is promoted by RUBiS Energy Bermuda Ltd who shall be known as (the "Promoter").
- AFFILIATES: The following RUBiS Service Stations shall be referred to as affiliates for the purpose of this Promotion:
- RUBiS at The Waterfront;
- RUBiS Boaz Island Service Station;
- RUBiS Causeway Service Station;
- RUBiS Dowling’s Auto & Marine;
- RUBiS East Broadway Service Station;
- RUBiS Paget Service Station;
- RUBiS Raynor’s Southampton Service Station;
- RUBiS Robinson’s Marine
- RUBiS St. John’s Road Service Station;
- RUBiS Terceira’s North Shore Service Station;
- RUBiS Van Buren’s Marine; and
- RUBiS Warwick South Shore Service Station
(together, the “Affiliates” and each an “Affiliate)
- EXCLUDED PARTIES: The Promoter’s marketing partner, Total Marketing & Communications Ltd., and the Promoter’s subsidiary, Bermuda Gas & Utility Co. Ltd., shall be referred to as the “Excluded Parties”.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: The term of the Promotion is the period beginning at 12:01:00 AM (Atlantic Standard Time) on Tuesday, 07 June 2016 and ending at 11:59:59 PM (Atlantic Standard Time) on Monday, 08 August 2016 (the “Promotion Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to persons residing in Bermuda who are at least 16 years of age, and are RUBiS Rewards members, hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Customers” (and each an “Eligible Customer”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, any person concerned with the management of, or employed by, the Promoter, Affiliates, and the Excluded Parties, and any member of the household of any such person shall not be entitled to participate in the Promotion or claim any prize hereunder and is not an Eligible Customer for the purposes of these Official Rules.
- FUELS: The term “Fuels” refers to any of Gasoline, Diesel, 2-Stroke Mix, and Kerosene dispensed from a Service Station dispenser at an Affiliate.
- HOW TO ENTER THE PROMOTION: During the Promotion Period, any purchase of, or multiple purchases of Fuels that combine to equal the amount of no less than $49.00 (after all applicable discounts and rebates) in a single, or multiple transaction(s) at any Affiliate, in which a RUBiS Rewards key tag (“Tags” and each a “Tag”) was swiped to gain credit for those transactions (hereinafter referred to as a “Qualifying Purchase”), shall entitle the Eligible Customer making such purchases to be automatically entered into the draws in accordance with and subject to the terms and conditions contained herein. The Eligible Customer shall be notified of their auto-entry via an audio message being announced at the time they have swiped their Tag at any RUBiS Rewards pump audio touchpoint or printer machine (“Devices” and each a “Device”). The Device shall issue a F4L Entry (an “Entry Card”) when that Member’s Tag is next swiped at a Device, inside any Affiliate. The Eligible Customer should fill out the entry details on the Entry Card and deposit the same into the designated raffle box. By submitting an Entry Card, an Eligible Customer will be deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions of the Promotion contained in these Official Rules and as otherwise prescribed by the Promoter.
- WEEKLY PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Each week during the Promotion Period, there are three (3) prizes available to be won, as listed in the Draw Table below (the “Weekly Prizes”). The Weekly Prizes available shall consist of twelve (12) each of:
- Free Fuel for Three (3) Months;
- Free Fuel for Two (2) Months; and
- Free Fuel for One (1) Month.
- WEEKLY PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: The Promotion’s electronic random drawing will take place on the designed dates as listed in the Weekly Draw Table. Entry Cards that have been randomly selected in Weekly Prize draws will not be placed back in the pool of entries for future draws including the Grand Prize. Each randomly selected Entry Card drawn will be reviewed to determine eligibility in accordance with these Official Rules, and if deemed eligible the Eligible Customer whose name has been entered thereon will be designated as a “Potential Winner”.
- PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: To be declared a winner, a Potential Winner will be notified by phone or e-mail (the “Message”) at the Promoter’s discretion using the contact information provided on the Potential Winners’ Entry Cards. The Promoter shall have no liability if the Winners’ Message is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential Winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, the potential winner does not respond within ten (10) business days of the first notification attempt, the Potential Winner will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate Potential Winner may be selected. If a Potential Winner is found to be ineligible for any reason, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected. The Potential Winner must complete and sign, a publicity release (the “Release”) in order to be declared a “Prize Winner” or a “Grand Prize Winner” (together a “Winner” or “Winners”). If the Release is not completed and signed, then the Potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner may be declared the Winner at Promoter’s sole discretion.
- The Weekly Prizes shall be awarded in the form of fuel account for the periods listed, from the Affiliate from which the Prize Winner was drawn (a “Prize Account”). A Winner will be permitted to draw down their Fuels requirements from that Winner’s Prize Account for no charge, up to a maximum of $375.00, without interest, in each calendar month for which that Winner’s Prize Account is available. Draw down of a Prize Account shall commence no earlier than 01 September 2016. If the Winner does not use the entire $375.00 fuel credit on any particular month, the balance remaining will be lost. The Winner cannot roll-over any unused value from a prior month to another month. The Weekly Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not transferable, not for resale and have no cash surrender value. The odds of winning any of the Weekly Prizes are solely dependent upon the total number of entries received.
- DRAW DATE: Weekly draws are scheduled to occur as listed in the Weekly Draw Table below:
07 – 27 June
Free Fuel for 1 Month
28 June – 18 July
Free Fuel for 2 Months
19 July – 08 August
Free Fuel for 3 Months
- GRAND PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: At the conclusion of the Promotion Period, the Promoter will hold a draw for one (1) Grand Prize (defined below) (the “Grand Prize Draw”). The Grand Prize, known as “Fuel for Life”, shall mean up to $375.00 per month, without interest, in Fuels for a maximum period of the remainder of the Grand Prize Winner’s life, or twenty-five (25) years, whichever may come first (the “Grand Prize”, together with the Weekly Prizes, the “Prizes”, and each a “Prize”). Fuel for Life is the equivalent of a fuel account for the period listed above, from an Affiliate the Grand Prize Winner shall choose. The Grand Prize Winner will be permitted to draw down their fuel requirements from this account for no charge, up to a maximum of $375.00 each month their prize allows for. Draw down of a Prize Account shall commence no earlier than 01 September 2016. If the Grand Prize Winner does not use the entire $375.00 fuel credit on any particular month, the balance remaining will be lost. The Grand Prize Winner cannot roll-over any unused value from a prior month to another month. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not transferable, not for resale and has no cash surrender value. The odds of winning the Grand Prize is solely dependent upon the total number of entries received.
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: On Wednesday, 10 August, 2016 (the “Grand Prize Draw Date”) the Promotion’s electronic random drawing for the Grand Prize will take place. The randomly selected Entry Card drawn will be reviewed to determine eligibility in accordance with these Official Rules, and if deemed eligible will be designated as a Potential Winner.
- USE OF PRIZE ACCOUNTS: Upon acceptance by a Winner of a Prize, the Promoter shall establish an account in the name of that Winner at the selected Affiliate on the terms described herein. When a drawdown of a Prize Account is made, the Affiliate shall charge the sale of Fuels to the prize account to the extent of the monthly balance remaining. Any monies owed in addition in respect of a purchase of Fuels shall be payable by the customer. A drawdown of a Prize Account must be authorized by an employee of an Affiliate and is only permitted during the normal operating hours of the Affiliate. Only the Winner is permitted to draw down on the Prize Account and such Winner must be present for the transaction at the Affiliate at which the account is registered to do so. Affiliate employees may require the presentation of the Winner’s identification when a drawdown of a Prize Account is requested and are entitled to refuse such a drawdown if satisfactory identification is not produced. In the event an Affiliate permanently ceases operations, a Winner having an outstanding Prize Account at that Affiliate may contact the Promoter to request the establishment of a replacement Prize Account at an Affiliate of the Winner’s choosing on the same terms. The Prize Accounts are not transferable.
- GENERAL: Acceptance of any prize constitutes the Winner’s permission for the Promoter to use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, statements and address (parish only) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering the Promotion, Eligible Customers agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promoter with respect to all aspects of the Promotion, which are final and binding in all respects relating to this Promotion. By entering into the Promotion, Eligible Customers agree that the Promoter and the Affiliates:
- shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released and held harmless from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity (including, without limitation, travel), or from any Eligible Customer’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize; and
- have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including, without limitation, to such Prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify from the Promotion any Eligible Customer who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in a disruptive manner or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, or incomplete entries will be accepted. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any damage to the RUBiS Rewards program which is occasioned by accessing the RUBiS Rewards system or otherwise participating in the Promotion, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Promoter is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Promotion if it determines, in its sole discretion that the administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility have been severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity of the Promotion. In the event that the Promoter is prevented from awarding the Prize(s) or continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, the Promoter shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated or suspended before the end of the Promotion Period, notice thereof will be posted on the Promoter’s website, www.rubis-bermuda.com (the “Website”), and any other forms of media communications as the Promoter may in its sole discretion determine, and the Promoter will (if possible) select Winner(s) from all Eligible Customers having provided valid Entry Cards as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Eligible Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Promoter reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials or these Official Rules.
- The Promoter is not responsible for lost, incomplete, illegible, late, misdirected entries; or for errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of this Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the Prizes or in these Official Rules, in any related advertisements or other materials; or for inaccurate entry information, whether caused by equipment, programming used in this Promotion, human processing error, or otherwise. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all entries of an Eligible Customer (and disqualify him/her) who the management of the Promoter believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Promotion.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or the Promoter in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Bermuda without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other law.
- WINNER’S LIST: Following the conclusion of each draw, the Winner(s)’ names will be available online on the Website.
- PROMOTER. RUBiS Energy Bermuda Ltd., 2 Ferry Road, St. George’s, Bermuda GE 01.